Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Life and Times of Brady Smith...

One of the things I like best about this blog is that it's a great memory keeper for me. I'm not one to journal or even scrap book that often so by blogging about little moments in our family's life, I feel like I'm able to remember our stories.

For Brady's 1st birthday I had a poster made listing all of the things he loves and can do. He just passed the 15 month point, so I thought I'd make another list via my blog to document our little man's life.

B-man has been walking for a little over 2 months now. It's amazing how that changes everything! He can chase the cat, get into the dog's water bowl, climb the stairs, empty my Tupperware cabinet, unroll the toilet paper and dump an entire cup of milk just in the time it takes me to get a load of laundry out of the dryer.

He is talking more and more every day. Tonight he pointed to my eyes and said "eyes." It seems so simple, but it's so cool to know what a little sponge he is. It's also a little scary to know he is listening all the time. At his 15 month check up last week he said, "Oh my gah!" The doctor thought it was hilarious, and I did too, although slightly embarrassing! I really didn't think that was something Chris or I said that often, but I guess it's enough for him to pick up on it. His favorite words are daddy, Al (for Albert), ball, truck, cat, Gato, Brady and DUCK. Brady LOOOOOVES ducks! He loves rubber ducks, stuffed ducks, ducks in books, and ducks at the park. He says duck over and over and over again! This made deciding on his Halloween costume for this year a no brainer...


Duck! And I believe that is pumpkin muffin on his chin.

We couldn't get out of Home Goods without this thing. The cashier had to pry it out of his hands and it was all slobbery with kisses.
One of my favorite things about Brady is his love of dancing. The kid will stop in the middle of anything and start breaking it down if he hears a song. It could be a commercial, ice cream truck, radio, it doesn't matter. Usually it's a "drop it like it's hot" type of squatting dance. Lately he has added swaying back and forth and shaking his arms in the air. I like to think he got his moves from daddy.

I like to think he also got his quick temper from daddy. We can be all smiles one minute and then watch out world, the next! Perhaps this is just a glimpse of what the Terrible 2's will be like for Brady, but I think he's just a strong willed kid. For example, at story time at the library last week we played with a parachute. Brady was the first kid to run under the parachute when it was in the air (cool!). What a proud mommy moment! Buuuut, he was also the only kid to cry when the teacher put the parachute away. I got to have that awkward, "Haha, isn't he so precious?" mommy moment.

Recently Brady got to take a vacation to Florida. It feels weird to say that. Pennsylvania is really beautiful right now (highs in the 60's, leaves changing colors, pumpkin patches, all that good stuff) but I was in need of some beach, seafood, and family time so our trip was an awesome treat! We stayed the first three days in Jensen Beach with my dad and Pat. I wasn't sure how Brady would do on an extended trip because historically he has not been a fan of sleeping in strange places, but thankfully he did great. Maybe he was just so exhausted each day he didn't care what he was sleeping in or where. He swam in the pool and dug in the sand for a long time.


Sandy butt!

B-man and Grandpa!


King of the castle!

Passed out. Butt in the air, snuggling with his puppy. Love!
Chris flew back to PA after the first 3 days and Brady and I went to Palm Bay to visit with my mom, uncle, aunt and grandma. We had lots of family time and Brady got to play in the play area at the mall and go to the zoo. What's funny about Brady is he can be so cautious about new people and really has to warm up to you, unless it is a kid. He is fearless around other children and absolutely loves the play area in the mall. He always finds big kids to "play" with (or at least he thinks they're playing together.) He will climb anything and doesn't understand the concept of falling or getting hurt. It's quite nerve racking to watch him...

Going up the slide the wrong way...blocking all the other kids...thinking they are playing a game together.

Climbed the cow. Impressive, but scary!!

Diving off the cow head first. Thank God I got there in time!
Snuggling with Grandma after bath time.

 
 
 
In the Toddler swim area at the zoo. We didn't come prepared so we just borrowed a swim diaper from a stranger. Brady is absolutely fearless in water. So scary! He kept dunking his head under!!

 
The zoo was appropriate for Brady because the kid loves animals. He comes by that pretty honestly, I'm pretty crazy for animals too I suppose. He was so into the giraffe area at the zoo.We have also found a cute Amish petting zoo where we live that Brady loves as well. The goats were a big hit! And then when all else fails, there's a super friendly neighborhood cat that comes to our backyard all the time. For some reason this cat actually enjoys Brady hugging and kissing all over her. (Much different than our cat, Gato!)


The goat was not understanding why Brady wasn't feeding him, BUT when we tried that, Brady ate the goat food :(


While this age is a little exhausting, I just love how Brady is learning something new every day. He really loves life and my hope is that he remains fearless and always keeps his curiosity of the world!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be so glad you documented these amazing milestones and memories. My personal fav: your face as he's diving off the cow. Priceless. Thank God for mommies! ; ) Big hug!!

    ReplyDelete